Friday 10 April 2015

Day 10: HMP Holloway and Walthamstow





HMP HOLLOWAY


The Women's Institute Reading Group
2.00 pm
You have to leave your phones at the front desk so there are no other pictures of the event which was enormous fun and very interesting. The interior of the prison was very much like my old school only much much cleaner and with much thicker doors.

This being the WI there was coffee and some lovely lemon cake (home made). The audience was about thirty in total and one of the best I've had so far. They were good humoured and asked some fairly difficult questions and didn't hold it against me when I rambled a bit in response. I also learnt some stuff that I ain't going to talk about because it's research gold. Let's just say I'm never going to think about chickens in the same way again.

WALTHAM FOREST

Walthamstow Library
6.30 pm
10.8 km from Covent Garden

Talk about an event that had everything, a reading by Charles Angiama, puppet making and a puppet show courtesy of the E17 Puppet Project. All organised by Jo, Maddie, Caroline and Abi the grandly named Cultural Programming Team.



The Cultural Programming Team


It was a big audience and I was a bit high up on a perilously narrow stage but once again the free wine loosened us all up and the questions came thick and fast. I'm fascinated by the range of questions I'm getting on this tour.




Next: Twickenham and Wimbledon!



1 comment:

Harlequin said...

It was lovely to see you again after so, so many years. It wasn't until this morning that I realised my Molly question might have been a tad spoilerish for people who haven't read the recent (or, indeed, any) books, so apologies for that. I blame the free wine, plus the glasses of non-free wine my friend fed me in the pub beforehand.